I do believe it was invented with good intentions. Someone was so stricken with humor while communicating with another person (that is not in the same room) that they laughed audibly. This actually does happen, in which case, makes it acceptable to insert the infamous lol. However, over time this has transcended into a phrase that is used at the beginning, middle, and end of sentences that aren't even remotely funny. "I don't want to go to school today...lol." "LOL, I wonder if it's going to rain today...LOL." You get the idea. Can you imagine what it would sound like if someone really did laugh aloud each time they wrote lol? An evil scientist--someone with a personality disorder at the least. So, I pose a question to you. What happens if something really is funny enough to merit a genuine lol? What do we say then? IRALOL (I really am laughing out loud), or LOLFR (laughing out loud for real)?
IDK, TTYL.
2 comments:
I hate it when people ACTUALLY say the phrase "LOL"...That makes it even worse..IDK, My BBF Jill? :)
oh that is a lol, so rotflol baby
ac 3gig
Post a Comment