Things I don't love...in no particular order:
- People who have purchased over-sized SUVs (Tahoes, Hummers, Expeditions, Dump Trucks) in the past year b
ut still complain non-stop about gas prices. You could have bought the Honda Civic or Scooter that gets 70 mpg, but you didn't. If you like your big chevy with the lift kit and muffler enhancement, then pump with a smile the next time you fill up at the station! It's the price you chose to pay. - People who make bad decisions, but never have to pay the consequences. Examples? "I decided to punch my boss in the face today for scolding me about my consistent tardiness. Strangely enough, she was fired 5 minutes later for embezzlement so I was promoted to her position!". "I met this really awesome guy in drug rehab. We got married on a whim. Neither of us had jobs and were about to be evicted, but the next day we won 25 million in the lottery. We used our last dollar on that ticket. Who'da thought! I've already bought 15 ponies and painted the winning lotto numbers on the roof of our mansion for everyone to see!"
- Onions. Of any fashion. Please don't tell me "you can't even taste them". The
y are more powerful than superman himself. And if they couldn't be tasted then the culinary expert wouldn't have even bothered putting them in the recipe to begin with. Sick. Gross.
Things I LOVE:
- Seeing people happy. I love watching someone enjoy what they are doing or having a good time. Maybe that's why I like having parties so much.
- Well behaved dogs. There is nothing more refreshing than going to someone's house and being able to play with their dog without it jumping all over you. I mean really--what does that even accomplish anyhow? If your dog is good, then by all means, cue up the Lassie theme song, and send Fido my way!
- Live music. If you can hit a pitch, and play at a beginner level on guitar then you have my attention.
- Target. This store is so magical and wonderful that it needs no explanation.
- Making mixed playlists. The term "playlist" is certainly a metamorphosis of the mixed tape, then mixed CD, don't you agree? Now we have digital media and our playlists aren't limited to 18-20 songs anymore. It's fantastic! I just load that bad boy into my iPod. And--if I realize that one song I use to love and covet has become particularly annoying, then I delete it. I don't have to burn a new CD and can modify my mix as much as I want to. Modification has got to be the best feature of digital media. You never know when you might have a Fresh Prince emergency and need to add some flava to your party mix.
1 comment:
Polly, those are 5 very good things! You can never have too many Fresh Prince references, I always say!
Post a Comment